I think it is pretty hard to find foods that sound "bad" on a menu because restaurants generally want to make the title of the dish as appealing as possible. Nevertheless, I agree that if something on a menu sounds bad, it has at least got to be good enough to be put on a menu...
"There are some restaurant dishes that I order because they sound better than everything else on the menu, and there are some I order because they sound worse. My reasoning goes like this: If a chef dares to offer something as unappealing as, say, a raw kale salad, chances are it’s fantastic."
If It Sounds Bad, It's Got To Be Good
by Melissa Clark
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/24/dining/24appe.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment