This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.

Monday, January 5, 2009

White vs. Brown Egg

Q: What's the difference between white and brown chicken eggs?

A: There's none, really. The breed of hen is what determines the shell color. Because chickens that lay brown eggs are a bit larger than white-egg layers, brown eggs often cost a little more.

-From WPost, Ask Marilyn, 1/4/09

1 comment:

chibi said...

On my way to work this morning I was wondering if you would post this...you did!

I know you would prefer white eggs. I, for some reason, think brown eggs have more organic feel to them (therefore, perhaps healthier). But I know this is just in my head.