This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.

Friday, March 5, 2010

How to Find a Place to Live Where You'll be Happy

http://www.bakadesuyo.com/how-to-find-a-place-to-live-where-youll-be-ha

1 comment:

chibi said...

So the conclusion is that the happiness is relative, not absolute?

I agree that we tend to compare our circumstances to those of others, but real happiness should be measured (if it is ever can be) according to our own baseline.

Therefore, one should be able to feel happy regardless one's neighbourhood.

That's said, one factor I find important when we (or at least I) think about our own happiness is hope. If you have a hope for the future, you can endure the hardships you may have now, but when you feel that your future is not so bright, you think things could not get worse.