I sometimes wonder how I felt when I was a baby. What was I thinking? What did I care about? What did I observe? What did I like? What did I dislike? Was life really carefree?
"Gopnik argues that babies are not only conscious, they are more conscious than adults...So what is it like to be a baby? According to Gopnik, it's something like attending to everything at once: There's much less of the reflexive and ignored, the non-conscious, the automatic and expert. She suggests that the closest approximation adults typically get to baby-like experience is when they are in completely novel environments, such as very different cultures, where everything is new."
http://schwitzsplinters.blogspot.com/2007/06/are-babies-more-conscious-than-adults.html
This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel like a child more often now. My goal is to feel like a baby...
http://www.dailyom.com/articles/2007/9098.html
Post a Comment