"Guatemalan politics is still treacherous. More than 50 candidates were assassinated during the generel election in 2007, the same year three visiting Salvadoran congressmen were murdered by rogue policemen."
Postcard: Guatemala City
by Tim Padgett
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1909604-2,00.html
This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not a place on my vacation list (or business trip).
I haven't done or read a study on the subject, but I think many countries go through a violent phase, including a revolution, as they evolve into a nation state. I wonder at what point the people begin to consider murders/assassinations as a cause of instability and call for an implementation of fair judicial system.
Post a Comment