This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Best Peach on Earth

"This little town, a 90-minute train ride west of Shanghai, is a world away from Georgia. There's no Peachtree Street, no peach pie, no peach ice cream. About all Yangshan has are the juiciest, most delicious peaches on earth. In 10,000 orchards, ranging from the backyards of homes to substantial farms, Yangshan's trees are now groaning with a bumper crop of shui mi tao, "water honey peaches. Big, soft and white-fleshed, they must be tasted to be believed; in this peach lover's estimation, nothing from Georgia or California comes close. They are best eaten over a sink, to avoid showering the floor with peach juice."

The Best Peach on Earth
by Stan Sesser
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052970203946904574300192082040918.html#mod=todays_us_weekend_journal

1 comment:

chibi said...

I haven't tasted "water honey peaches" and I may be biased, but if I were to select the Best Beach on Earth, I would say Hakutou (white peach) from Okayama, Japan: http://www.hyouryuu.co.jp/shop/momo/honhaku0.html

During Ochuugen season, we receive several boxes of them (it is not something you would buy out of your pocket as it is quite pricy) - we, especially my father and I, are in peach heaven for a couple of weeks in August.