Now I know why they tell you to wash your hands after dealing with money...
"Traces of cocaine taint up to 90 percent of paper money in the United States, a new study finds. U.S. and Canadian currency had the highest levels, with an average contamination rate of between 85 and 90 percent, while Chinese and Japanese currency had the lowest, between 12 and 20 percent contamination."
Most US Money Laced With Cocaine
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090817/sc_livescience/mostusmoneylacedwithcocaine
This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Salt Lake City is the cleanest U.S. city!
You (or at least I) cannot tell from the article if Washington is higher than Baltimore, Boston, and Detroit or those three cities are above Washington, but in any case, 95 percent sounds pretty high. I wonder, for the DC case, the high level of contamination is a result of DC being the capital or it shows high level of coke abuse.
Post a Comment