This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pics: Air Travels' Glory Years

Why is the "glitz and glam" of flying all but lost? Is it because it is not so exlusive anymore? Has the image of beauty and flight attendants declined? If so, is it because of equal rights campaigns?

http://vacations.com/50-photos-from-air-travels-glory-years

1 comment:

chibi said...

I think it is because the loss of exclusivity. The flying experience back them was more luxurious, with a lot of pampering. Imagine the entire plane is business class. Now, almost all people with average income can fly, which is a great thing I believe, yet we (most of us) are stuck in a small coach seat.

My mother was one of those early flight attendants – I did not believe when she told me it was a prestigious job for educated young female at that time but I guess she told me the truth :)

BTW, we saw some of the pictures in the book about Pucci at Powell’s.