This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

TED Video: How Design Makes You Happy

What is beauty?

http://www.ted.com/talks/don_norman_on_design_and_emotion.html

1 comment:

chibi said...

Fascinating. Fear/anxiety forces you to focus while happiness generates ideas. I think I just heard what partially describes the business model of Japanese culture. It’s fear. That is why Japanese are (generally) punctual and meticulous. And because of the lack of happy atmosphere in their work place (or elsewhere), Japanese place themselves behind, for instance, Americans, when it comes to creativity.

Norman puts some neat stuff with “happy” design, such as Alessi juicer (oh, classic) and water bottle (Ty’Nant!) – I suppose his theory supports your marketing theory :)

Word of the Day: visceral