This blog is meant to capture the intersection of business, economics, politics, science, humanities, global culture, facts, figures, ideas, human nature, inventions, technology, health, food, sex...It is really an ode to life and the many things to think about and consider along the way.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The World's Most Romantic Restaurants

I wonder if there is a direct correlation between romantic settings and food. Does a romantic setting usually mean that the food is better because more care was taken to choose or set up a romantic place? Do people think the food tastes better if the atmosphere is amazing? Or, is the food actually worse at romantic places because they feel smug with their nice setup? I tend to think the latter. No one wants to go to a dirty/ugly place unless the food is damn good...

Here is a link to the Top 12 Romantic Restuarants according to Concierge.com:

http://www.concierge.com/ideas/romantic/tour/detail?id=1730

1 comment:

chibi said...

It doesn't have to be romantic, but a nice atmosphere/view woudln't hurt...yet as you put it, a nice setting doesn't guarantee good food, and I would rather eat good meal in an ugly setting than having so-so meal at a fancy restaurant. That's said, I would like to try: Le Tobsil (Morocco); Atlas Club Nautika (Croatia) - without the ship blocking the view; Ambrosia (Santorini); Lagoon (Bora Bora)...any on your list?